ISSA Members, Strategic Partners, and Community Members: We are reaching out to let you know that the ISSA Intl Women In Security Special Interest Group (WIS SIG) is currently seeking quarterly Webinar & Web-conference speakers, moderators, and volunteers in the following roles:
- Regional POCs
- Area POCs
- Strategic Partner Coordinators
- Marketing / Publicity Personnel
Relevant program, event, and leadership information can be found at our community page: http://www.issa.org/?page=SIGs
- ISSA International Conference – Baltimore 2011 – Kate Kanapeaux, Lyn Trainer, and Stefano Zanero approached about the merits of building of this new women’s community
- ISSA International Conference – Anaheim 2012 – Kate, Lyn, and Ira Winkler support our inaugural outreach to the conference membership with a meet-and-greet about the WIS SIG
- ISSA International Conference – Nashville 2013 – Ira, Lyn, Christine Gatlin, Jean Pawluk, Candy Alexander, Debbie Christofferson, Kris Tanaka support our “off to the races” events, hosting a women’s panel and networking breakfast attended by the Keynote speaker, Rt. Hon Baroness Neville-Jones
Mission: Build a stronger community for both WOMEN and MEN within the security field, given the unique challenges faced within the industry. We offer networking, professional growth, mentoring, recruiting, and career growth to women in the security industry, as well as those interested in entering the security industry.
Vision: To Connect the World, One Security Practitioner at a Time.
We would appreciate your energy, enthusiasm, and experience as we work to grow the WIS SIG to the next level. Please reach out to the co-chair, Rhonda Farrell, firstname.lastname@example.org concerning volunteer interest.
We welcome your participation and hope that women leaders will find merit and value in building an inclusive community environment, supporting future leadership development, enabling networking opportunities, and enabling wider access to relevant security-oriented educational programs.