|Senior Consultant, IT Audit Readiness|
|Location:||7900 Tysons One Place
McLean, VA 22102
|Description:||MorganFranklin Consulting is a professional services firm that delivers business consulting and technology solutions to public companies, fast-growing private companies, and government clients. MorganFranklin Consulting’s Information Management & Technology (IM&T) Practice partners with government agencies to solve accounting, audit and compliance challenges. Our consultants provide trusted advice to clients on the most up-to-date federal guidelines in the areas of Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL), OMB A-123, CFO Act, FMFIA, FISMA, FFMIA and GAGAS (Yellow Book). We identify, assess, analyze and develop mitigation strategies for some of the most significant high profile risks within Federal Government agencies. Our solutions help clients develop and implement strategies and plans to manage within a restricted budget environment, achieve compliance in an increasingly regulated world, and transform business operations to achieve agency mission success.
All opportunities within MorganFranklin offer outstanding growth potential and long-term career stability. MorganFranklin has repeatedly been recognized for our work-life balance and overall company culture. We strive to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation, excellent benefits, real-time rewards, and strong support for professional growth and development. We embrace a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and have created an environment where you can own your career.
– Play a key role and contribute to growing the practice, business, and client relationships.
– Team up on diverse and professionally rewarding projects with other smart, motivated professionals.
– Develop your expertise and experience as an advisor and consultant.
– Collaborate on, recommend, and implement solutions that provide significant value to clients in a non-audit, non-regulated environment.
– Work closely with executive leadership and experience high-level visibility within the firm and with client stakeholders.
– Achieve promotion and advancement opportunities based on your own accomplishments and contributions.
– Support community causes that have personal meaning.
– Enjoy market-leading benefits and competitive compensation.
|Responsibilities:||– As a Senior Consultant in our IM&T practice, you will provide a full range of services that will utilize your educational background, experience and organizational skills while serving the firm’s dynamic public sector client base.-Opportunity to plan, manage, and lead large components of Information Technology audits.
– Opportunity to lead work streams involving technical accounting and reporting support, audit readiness, and compliance services.
– Prepare presentations, briefings and be actively involved in client meetings and day-to-day interactions.
– Train personnel on improved processes and conduct performance reviews of staff.
– You will assist in the areas of financial management and accounting operations, internal control management and audit readiness support. This role will also play a key role in program management support for external financial audits, researching new accounting pronouncements and identifying opportunities for overall operational efficiency improvement.
Typical activities include the following:
– Testing the operating effectiveness of IT general controls and application level controls in the FISCAM domains of access controls, configuration management, data management, business process controls and/or interface controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, Department/Agency requirements and/or best practices.
– Executing an audit/work program.
– Performing tests of controls and walkthroughs related to OMB A-123 & CFO Act compliance.
– Developing and documenting findings and results in written reports.
– Providing suggestions to improve client internal controls, accounting procedures and financial statements to our management leaders and external client.
– Performing analysis to identify risks.
– Supervising the work efforts of other members of the team.
– Reviewing workpapers prepared by other members of the team.
– Maintaining relationships and communicating with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions.
– Seeking appropriate training to ensure technical skills are consistent with the company’s direction and changes in industry and knowledge of changes in technology is maintained.
|Qualifications:||– Bachelor’s degree: required. Major in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems: strongly preferred.- 3 – 5+ years of relevant, relatable consulting experience: required.
– One or more of the following certifications are strongly preferred: CISA, CISM, CISSP, or CIA.
– Understanding of FISCAM, FISMA, COSO, and COBIT frameworks: required.
– Proven ability to identify control deficiencies.
– Collaborative team building skills.
– Ability to build trust and quickly establish credibility with all levels of an organization.
– Outstanding written, communication and presentation skills.
– Willingness to travel up to 25%.
|Citizenship:||United States Citizen – Immigration sponsorship is not available at MorganFranklin Consulting, LLC, except in extraordinary circumstancesMorganFranklin is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.|
|Clearance Required:||Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance: required. Active security clearance: strongly preferred.|
|Contact:||Sara PearsonSenior Recruiter
1753 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 1200, McLean, VA 22102
Phone: 703-564-7525 x2207