Contact us to learn how to sponsor the ISSA-NOVA community – and connect with the region’s leading cyber-security experts.
Use this address:
Our policy can be downloaded: Sponsorship Policy
ISSA-NOVA is non-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill and professional growth of its members. With chapters all over the world, ISSA is the largest international, non-profit association for security professionals. Its membership includes practitioners at all levels of the information security field in a broad range of industries, such as communications, education, health care, manufacturing, financial and government. With an international communications network developed throughout the industry, ISSA is focused on maintaining its position as “The Global Voice of Information Security”.
According to the last ISSA survey, 95% of all ISSA members are either responsible for purchasing decisions, or influence and support those decisions; 87% have more than four (4) years of experience in the information security field, and 59% are company executives or managers. The Northern Virginia Chapter of the ISSA (ISSA-NOVA) is the largest ISSA Chapter in the world, with over 600 members.
The ISSA-NOVA members have an amazing variety of professional certifications including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
- Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP)
- Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- National Security Agency – INFOSEC Assessment Methodology (NSA-IAM)
- National Security Agency – INFOSEC Evaluation Methodology (NSA-IEM)
- GIAC-Information Security Professional (GISP)
- GIAC-Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC-Security Essential Certification (GSEC)
- GIAC-Systems & Network Auditor (GSNA)
- GIAC-Assessing Wireless Networks (GAWN)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Master Certified Netware Engineer (MCNE)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- A+, Security+, Network+
Overall, more than 50% of the members have a CISSP, as well as other security and/or network certifications. When considering the certification requirements imposed by DoD 8570.1, over 50% of Information Systems Security Association – Northern Virginia Chapter (ISSA-NOVA)
ISSA-NOVA members qualify under the technical or management Information Assurance categories. ISSA-NOVA not only provides training for its members, but allows sponsors and their guests to enjoy the outstanding speakers that are provided at monthly meetings. ISSA-NOVA’s outreach to the security community is visible on its website that proudly announces its monthly speaker for each meeting.
ISSA-NOVA has grown from its inception in 2002 to the largest ISSA Chapter in the world in less than five (5) years. This tremendous growth is based on the world class educational opportunities the Chapter provides its membership through internationally recognized speakers, CISSP and other study groups, educational opportunities with ISC2, SANS, ISACA, and others.
For organizations seeking a leadership position in Information Assurance, ISSA-NOVA represents an ideal partner in keeping their human resources informed and networked. The Chapter is always working to coordinate even more informative and educational events to meet the needs of the fast changing Information Security field.